2020 Michigan International Camporee
The next Michigan International Camporee will be held from Sunday afternoon, July 19, to Sunday morning, July 26, 2020, at Rota-Kiwan Scout Reservation, 6278 Texas Drive, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49009. For a map of Rota-kiwan, a map showing the location of Rota-Kiwan and photos of some of the facilities at Rota-Kiwan, link at Rota-Kiwan. For detailed information on Rota-Kiwan and the reasons the Site Selection Committee felt Rota-Kiwan was the best choice, link at MIC 2020 Site Visit Checklist with Rota-Kiwan Comments
Home Stay Week for MIC 2020 international contingents with Michigan Scout families will be July 11/12 to July 19, 2020.
MIC 2016 international contingent leaders from Canada, Curacao, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Libya, Mexico (Queretaro), Mexico (Tabasco), Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom (Cumbria), and United Kingdom (Essex) have already made commitments to return with contingents in 2020.
There will be a Michigan Crossroads Council Combined Open House for THE MICHIGAN CROSSROADS COUNCIL CONTINGENT TO THE 2019 WORLD SCOUT JAMBOREE and THE 2020 MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL CAMPOREE at Rota-Kiwan on Sunday, November 12, 2017, from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. For details, click here.
Qualifications to Participate in the 2020 Michigan International Camporee
1. All participants, youth and adults, must be registered members of a National Scout Association that is affiliated with the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM). In the United States, that is the Boy Scouts of America. In Canada, that is Scouts Canada or Association Des Scouts du Canada.
2. All youth participants must be members of contingents of youth and adults. Individual youth participants will not be accepted.
3. All youth participants must be at least 12 years old or at least 11½ years old and have completed the sixth grade in school by July 19, 2020. U.S. Boy Scouts must be at least First Class by that date. Other participants must have similar camping experience. 11 and 12 year olds must be endorsed by adult leaders who will participate in the MIC 2020. All youth participants must be under 18 years of age as of July 19, 2020. (Exception - U.S. Boy Scouts and Venturers who are high school seniors during the 2019-2020 school year and turn 18 during that school year may be youth participants.)
4. All staff members must be at least 18 year old on July 19, 2020. (Exception - U.S. Boy Scouts and Venturers who are at least 16 years old on July 19, 2020, and have specialized skills in areas such as waterfront and shooting sports may apply to serve on the MIC 2020 staff.)
Become part of a 2020 Michigan International Camporee email list.
Follow the appropriate link below to reach a form you can complete to became part of an MIC 2020 email list. There are forms for:
- A Michigan troop or crew interested in learning more about becoming an MIC 2020 host unit
- A BSA troop or crew in another state interested in learning more about forming a patrol to represent your state at MIC 2020
- A Canadian Scout troop or Venturing company interested in learning more about forming a patrol to represent yout province at MIC 2020
- A member of a National Scout Association in another country interested in learning more about forming a contingent to represent your country at MIC 2020
- Someone registered with the BSA interested in learning more about becoming part of the MIC 2020 all-volunteer staff
- Someone registered with a WOSM-affiliated Scout Association in another country interested in learning more about becoming part of the MIC 2020 International Service Team (IST)
Proposed MIC 2020 Banners and Logos
Proposed 2020 Michigan International Camporee Banner
Proposed 2020 Michigan International Camporee Color Logos
Proposed 2020 Michigan International Camporee Black and White Logo